The Friends of the Macomb Public Library District is a nonprofit organization. This organization is made up of area residents interested in the promotion and welfare of the library as a cultural, educational, and recreational asset to the community.
- To focus public attention on library facilities, services and needs.
- To encourage the gifts of books, desirable collections, and endowments.
- To bring greater recognition of the library’s importance in our community.
What We Do
- Raise funds through public and members-only book sales
- Purchase duplicate best sellers, eBooks, audio books, classic film on DVD, and specialty library items as needed
- Financially support the Children’s Summer Reading Program
- Sponsor library related activities such as book clubs and special events
- Promote reading through weekly book reviews published in the local paper
- Provide free books for travelers at the Macomb Amtrak Train Station
- Deliver books to selected nursing homes on a regular basis
- Assist in the maintenance and beautification of the library grounds
- Publish the Friends of the Macomb Library Bookmark Newsletter
- Host an annual Friends of the Macomb Library banquet and program open to the public
- See a list of recent purchases by the Friends of the Macomb Library
Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Vice President: Phil Weiss
Secretary: Candace McLaughlin
Treasurer: Desiree Dye
Board of Directors
Gloria Hurh, Kate Joswick, Becky Parker, Karen Proulx, David Self, Alison & Dave Vawter, Dick Vick,